Vegetarian Santa Fe Salad
- Mixed Greens (in summer I use my own patio garden salad leaves and always include arugula)
- Grated Carrot
- Cheese: Sometimes I use grated cheese (Monterey Jack/Cheddar mix), sometimes feta and sometimes fresh mozzarella. It’s all good. Cheese is ALL good.
- Can of Black Beans (drained)
- Can of Corn Niblets
- Tortilla Strips (I am addicted)
- Cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Dressing: Jim’s favourite dressing is olive oil and balsamic. Nothing else. Just 2/3 oil 1/3 balsamic. I love it too. If my vegetarian sister is eating with us, I leave the salad like this, undressed and we add our own dressings.
If she’s not eating with us, I will often add chicken to the salad and it really is a hearty and healthy, yummy meal.